The Yale Women Faculty Forum is now accepting applications for the position of Gender Equity and Policy Postgraduate Associate. This full-time position will begin roughly mid-August and end June 30, 2015 with the possibility of renewal for a second year. Start and end dates are flexible. We are currently seeking applications from recent graduates of Yale University interested in gender and diversity in the academy. Applications are due May 6, 2014 though the position will remain open until a suitable candidate is identified.
The Gender Equity and Policy Postgraduate Associate will:
- Design and implement innovative programs and projects.
- Oversee the implementation of continuing WFF programs and projects
- Plan short-term events and projects that are of interest to diverse segments within the university (senior faculty, junior faculty, administrators, students, etc.)
- Develop and implement long-term strategic plans for the organization’s scholarly and advocacy goals
- Facilitate collaboration with other departments and offices, providing support for WFF and university initiatives by working with faculty, students, staff, alumnae/i, and administrators.
- Direct his/her own research projects under the advisement of WFF leadership, gathering, preparing, and reporting on relevant data relating to gender, diversity and equity in the academy, and institutional policy relating to gender.
- Collaborate with and support administrative staff and student worker in a small office environment
- Produce and develop WFF materials
- Manage the design and distribution of all publications and maintain the WFF website
- Coordinate the financial activities of the unit.
Qualified applicants will be recent degree graduates from Yale, with a B.A, M.A., M.Phil, or PhD, demonstrated academic excellence, a background in thinking about the role gender plays in social structures, qualitative and organizational skills as outlined above, and experience working with diverse groups of people. Pay will be commensurate with education and experience. Applicants should submit the following to email@example.com:
- Yale transcript (may be unofficial)
- Undergraduate transcript (if not from Yale)
- No more than three references, with two from Yale University faculty
- A statement of no more than two pages double-spaced explaining your interest in the position
- Example of written work, including essays or published papers
Materials are due on May 6, 2014, by 5:00 pm EST, though the position will remain open until filled by a suitable candidate.